Monday, April 13, 2015

So, I'm still sitting on the couch...

I decided to get rid of a whole bunch of fabric I had been saving for no other reason than that I just felt bad about getting rid of it. I was very happy to find a student who I thought might have use for some of my cast offs. Now they are out of my house and off my mind.

Of course, I also rediscovered some linens I had forgotten I had collected. I am not sure what to embroider on them yet, but I am open to suggestions.
 
Here we have an unfinished cherry tort; one of my first food embroideries.

I was thinking about embroidering Chicago-style hotdogs on these two.




I have no idea what to do with the rest of these.
 
 
So far, I still have yet to work in my actual studio. I continue to hang out on the couch, watching Netflix and working on my latest embroidery project. If you are curious as to how I entertain myself while embroidering, I have been binge watching Daredevil while sewing an oversized pizza.

 
Embroidery of pizza on flour sack towel in progress.
 

I think I may have bit off more than I can chew (pun totally intended), or as my Mommy would say "big eyes, little tummy."

I have been hanging out with Alison Moyna Green a lot and she has been making mandalas with thorns. We have also been saving egg shells for her to walk on as an installation performance, so I have been having mandalas on my mind. I don't think otherwise I would have thought of embroidering a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment